Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home and Travel

I seem to be making a habit of not updating for a month at a time.  Yet every new post, I start with how I do this and need to post more often, and then don't.  Maybe I just need to make a schedule or something.

As I mentioned, C. and I went back to California for a week.  The main purpose was wedding venue hunting, and we did find our places! We also just booked them last week (!).  Just a point of reference for anyone, anywhere who will ever plan on getting married: give yourself more than a week to find a venue.  We just about ran ourselves ragged.  But it was incredibly good to be home, even if only for a short and busy while.

And of course, being home has resulted in a low-grade homesickness pretty much since being back.  Took me a couple weeks to really notice it, but then it hit hard for a couple weeks.  It's still there, but a bit more low-grade than it was thankfully.  I still miss home, but am able to relax and still enjoy life here.

I think what's also helped the homesickness is, planning more travel!  C. and I are off to Barcelona this weekend, my first trip to continental Europe! Which is a bit sad seeing as I've been here since September.  But oh well, it is now time to start fixing this situation :P.  Bestie K. is also trying to come out in June, hoping she can, so we can do some Europe touring together.  I'm also looking for a travel buddy for the three weeks that we have of in April, as C. can't really take that much time off work, so if anyone (in the UK) is reading this and interested, please let me know! Doesn't have to be the whole three weeks, even just a few days is fine. 

All in all, the last month and a half or so hasn't been terribly exciting, nothing really out of the ordinary.  It's been just like any other school semester, that just happens to be located in England.  Here's hoping travel will mix it up a little!  Sorry for the rather dull post, it's been a dullish couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy Barcelona! I remember delivering supplies for their Olympic stadium when it was being built many moons ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your trip! I miss you and love you tons sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your posts, Deanna. I've said it a hundred times...living my life precariously through you. :) Have lots of fun in Barcelona and post plenty of pics when you can. Be safe! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete