Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving and Snow

It has once again been too long since I last posted.  Unfortunately it looks like it will have to be for a while, as Christmas is fast approaching and with it, final projects and papers.  But on to the real update.

Thanksgiving in England was... well, pretty much like any other day, since it's not celebrated here.  I just made some pumpkin pie, and enjoyed it with the Christian Union that I've been going to on Thursdays.  The oven here in halls rather sucks, so some top patches got burnt, but it still tasted like pumpkin pie so it was okay.  The next day it was back up to C's for his parents birthdays.  Had a nice family dinner for them, then I made some more pie for them.  It turned out much better coming from the better oven.  His mom is a fantastic cook, so I was a bit nervous about it, but I knew I had done fine when she asked for a second piece and asked if I could make it a bigger one :).

It's also been snowing for a good bit of the last week, which was lots of fun.  The uni even got closed for it on Thursday, which as that was my busy day, I was quite happy about.  There were flurries going almost all day.  Of course, one flatmate here is from Norway, so he just found all the snow hype to be funny; apparently that is normal fall weather for them.  But I guess when it's unusual, especially this early in the year, it can cause some chaos.  It was great fun though :)
My update about this last weekend, however warrants it's own blog post.  So that is forthcoming (and soon, I promise!)

1 comment:

  1. As always, I appreciate your blog updates, Deanna. I think it's nice to have reminders of events that we miss when we're away. I believe it makes us more grateful.

    I'm looking forward to your next blog post. *grins widely*

    Oh, btw....could you post a pic of that London snow???

    ReplyDelete